Your security type affects which method of communication is used to verify and authorize your transactions. Security types available are: SMS (high security) and email (low security).
- The security type is set to SMS by default during the registration process and it is only possible to change from SMS to Email in the first 30 days after registration.
- Once 30 days have passed, if you haven’t changed the default setting, your security type can no longer be switched to Email. It is only possible to change your security type from one phone number to another.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Log in to your Exness Personal Area and open Settings > Security settings.
- Click Change under 2 step verification block.
Note: If you are adding a new phone number, you will be prompted to solve a reCaptcha challenge (the typical checkbox) in order to prove that the action is being made manually and not by a computer program. Sometimes the checkbox challenge may evolve into an image selection challenge, subject to Google's internal algorithm.
- Choose the number you would like to set as your security type and click Send me a code.
- Enter the code sent to your currently used security type and Confirm to complete.
- All account actions requiring authentication will have a code sent to your new number from now on.
Congratulations, your security type has been changed!
If you have set your security type to SMS (high security) and would like to change your registered phone number, follow this link.